July Tax Seminars at LIU Post
LIU Post School of Professional Accountancy
Tax & Accounting Institute
Friday, July 21, 2017
Two Dynamic Programs in a Single Day
We are pleased to inform our friends about an opportunity to participate in two dynamic and exciting tax seminars in a single day at the Beautiful Tilles Center, LIU Post, Brookville, Long Island Campus while Earning 8 CPE Credits
Sales and Use Tax in New York
- What transactions are subject to the New York Sales and Use Tax
- How does the context in which goods and services are sold affect the taxability of a transaction.
- Structuring property acquisitions and dispositions to reduce the New York Sales and Use Tax
- Distinguishing and documenting transactions that are taxable, non-taxable and exempt.
- Maintaining “audit proof” books and records
- Dealing with an audit when books and records are inadequate.
- Understanding Personal liability for sales and use tax liabilities as responsible persons and/or partners.
- How sales tax issues can lead to criminal prosecutions of both businesses and their advisors
- Strategies for dealing with criminal investigations as either target or witness
Representing the Tax Debtor
- Representing the debtor taxpayer in dealings with the collections division of the IRS and New York State/City.
- Identifying and exploiting procedural defects in collection activity
- Using Voluntary Disclosure Programs to minimize your client’s exposure to civil and criminal penalties, as well as, the collateral estoppel from an adverse determination
- Negotiating payment arrangements, and how to protect yourself and your clients from enforced collection actions.
- Negotiating and Qualifying for Offers in Compromise
- Protecting and utilizing your client’s bankruptcy options
- Qualifying assets as exempt from seizure
- Protecting Driver’s Licenses, Passports, Certificates of Authority and Professional Licenses from tax debts
- Making effective use of the Taxpayer Advocate
Special value price for members
of only $125.00 for both seminars.
Non-Members price $145.00.
Best Value for Your CPE Credits
✔Breakfast ✔Lunch ✔Free Wi-Fi
8 CPE/Tax Credits
Registration Begins at 8:15 am
Note: Enrolled Agent Credits
For Afternoon Session Only
LIU Post Tax & Accounting Institute School
of Professional Accountancy
720 Northern Blvd
Brookville, NY 11548-1300 | MAP
LIU Post Tax & Accounting Institute School of Professional Accountancy
For Additional Info and Registration Form, please download our seminar brochure or call (516) 829-4919
Want to be notified of upcoming lectures?
Register for our mailing list here.
Would you like our free audit checklists and forms? Get them here.
Barry Leibowicz, Esq.
Mr. Leibowicz received his J.D. degree from the University of Connecticut School of Law, and an LL.M. in taxation from the NYU School of Law. Mr. Leibowicz is the founder of the law firm Leibowicz & Ahroni PLLC. He is a Professor in the Accounting Department at Queens College, CUNY, and is the author of numerous publications on tax law.